Principal: Rebecca Ward
Contact Information: 701-244-5792 Ext. 245
The Dunseith Elementary School promotes school-level planning for instructional improvement and on-going staff development to increase the academic achievement levels of all students in Pre-K through Eighth Grade. All staff promotes a climate of expectations that all children can learn under appropriate conditions and ensure that the learning atmosphere is positive and stimulating.
The Dunseith Elementary School incorporates the following research-based strategies to contribute to the academic progress for all students in helping to meet Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP):
- Compass Odyssey Learning: A web-based academic curriculum aligned to the North Dakota Standards and Benchmarks. Teachers develop assignments for either groups of students or individual students and can develop an individual learning paths for differentiated instruction.
- Turtle Power: A before and after school prescription program for students.
- Lindamood Bell: A research-based reading intervention strategy for struggling readers in grades K-8. These strategies are also incorporated into the daily Reading Blocks at each grade level.
- Accelerated Reader: A self-directed reading program available to all students.
- Reading-First Look-A-Like with guided/leveled reading in all grades K-8. This approach allows for all students to begin their reading at a functional level and build their skills and abilities in reading to grade level or beyond.
- 21st Century Programs: Before and after school programs designed with the intent of providing enhancement to the regular education programs.
- Other Supplemental Services: Before and after school programs that are remedial in nature in reading and math.
- Summer School: A four week program for students who need that little extra help in reading and math.
- Special Needs:
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Pre-Kindergarten services for children ages 3-5 who are identified as needing special services
Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
Speech Services (SI)
Mental Retardation (MR)
Emotionally Disturbed (ED)
- Other Services Provided by the School:
School Nurse – Jeanette DeCoteau – Ext # 239
School Counselor – Cheryl LaFloe – Elem Ext# 226 HS Ext# 127
Day Treatment Program – Kim Marion – Ext# 240